A fabulous pasta salad recipe that everyone will love! I clipped the recipe from Chatelaine magazine in 2011 and have been making my version ever since!
- One 700g or 750g package of tri-colour cheese tortellini (I buy the 3 x 750g pack of Olivieri they sell Costco)
- 6 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise (I like Hellman’s 1/2 the Fat)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional – I forgot to use it and didn’t even notice!)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Prepare dressing by combining mayo, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, red wine vinegar, dijon, basil, oregano and sugar (if using).
- Pour dressing over pasta and coat well. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from the July 2011 issue of Chatelaine.