A delicious spinach salad, topped with strawberries, walnuts and light feta cheese dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Now I am really bad at measuring salad, as I usually just make a bowlful or plateful by eyeballing how much I feel like. I know not very helpful! However, I would recommend making a full or half-recipe of dressing and store it in the fridge so you can use what you need. It is really handy to store in a sealed jar so you can just shake and serve however much dressing you desire on your salad. The full dressing recipe would probably do one whole package (142g/5oz) of baby spinach. Enjoy! Can’t wait to enjoy with fresh Ontario strawberries in June!
For the salad:
- Baby spinach (142g/5oz)
- Chopped strawberries (about 1 cup)
- Walnuts (as desired – I just sprinkle a little, about 1-2 tbsp on top of each serving)
- Light feta cheese (as desired – again, I just sprinkle a little on the top of each serving)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste over the top to finish
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare dressing by placing ingredients in a jar and shaking until entirely incorporated, or whisk together in a small bowl or measuring bowl.
- Combine spinach and strawberries with a light coating of dressing, top with walnuts and feta and drizzle with a bit more dressing and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper.
Recipe slightly adapted from familyfeedbag.com