A yummy and really easy quinoa salad to prepare thanks to the addition of packaged broccoli slaw!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, diced small
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper to season the veggies/salad
- 2 cups of broccoli or carrot slaw (PC makes Broccoli Slaw and Carrot Slaw which is a blend of broccoli stalks, carrot and red cabbage)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- For the dressing: 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tsp sriracha
- Prepare quinoa with broth or water according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, In a medium saute pan add 1 tsp of olive oil and heat to medium high.
- Add the red and yellow peppers, onion, and garlic and saute for about 3-4 minutes until softened. Season with a hearty pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper. Add in the slaw and soften slightly for 2-3 minutes with the veggies. Remove from heat and set aside until the quinoa is cooked.
- Prepare dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, and sriracha and whisking together with a fork.
- To prepare the salad, in a large bowl toss the quinoa with the veggies and slaw, green onions, cilantro, and the dressing and combine well to coat. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Best served at room temperature.