I was intrigued by the recipes online for angel food cake mix, combined with a can of pineapple so I thought why not give it a try for a nice light dessert at our family dinner last night. The results were great, it is a nice light fruity cake. This would make a nice light Easter dinner dessert, and I think it would be absolutely perfect for summer cook-outs.
- 1 – 450g package of Duncan Hines Angel Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 – 398 ml (14 fl oz) can of crushed pineapple
- 1 orange (zest of 1 orange and 1/4 of freshly squeezed juice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the contents of the cake mix with the can of crushed pineapple, and the orange juice and zest. Fold in gently, do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Cut out squares of cake and top with some whipped cream, and anything else you desire (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, shredded coconut, etc.)