This is a real weekend treat for breakfast, so hearty and delicious and a huge winner with the hubby (guys loves burritos!). Now, this is a guideline, you can mix and match ingredients of your choosing for your own perfect breakfast burrito. Maybe you like no meat, or ham instead of bacon. No potatoes? Then just use some grilled veggies. Look in your fridge, see what would taste good together and throw it in! Use 3 eggs and 1/8 cup of milk, and a large wrap as your base, and then choose your own mix ins. This recipe serves 2.
- 2 strips of bacon, cut into “lardons” bite size pieces, or cut up ham if desired
- 3 eggs (personal fan of organic free range)
- 1/8 cup milk
- leftover roasted potatoes, onions and peppers from a dinner recipe or whatever else you have on hand.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated old light cheddar cheese, or other grated cheese of your choice
- 2 large whole grain wraps/tortillas
- Cook bacon in a 10″ skillet until browned, remove and drain on a paper towel. Wipe most of the bacon fat up with a paper towel (leave a bit to saute your potatoes and onions)
- Heat your skillet back up to medium and warm through your potatoes, onions and peppers.
- Combine the egg with the milk and add to the veggies. Stir cooking the eggs completely.
- Once eggs are cooked remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle on the green onions and cheese.
- Divide the egg mixture equally into the wraps and fold into a burrito (fold sides in and then roll wrapping the egg completely). Cut the Burrito in half and serve.