This is a delicious hearty comfort cookie, peanut butter and oatmeal with chocolate chips – exactly what you need on a cold winter day!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth light peanut butter (not natural)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/4 cup milk (I use 1%, 2% would be good too, would not recommend skim)
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned (large flake) oats
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip (milk chocolate chips would be good too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and peanut butter together until light and creamy. Add the sugars and cream until well combined and light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder salt and oats.
- Add the flour and oat mixture to the mixer alternating with the milk in 3 additions (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp size), scoop dough one dozen at a time onto a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten the tops slightly to form a 2″ round.
- Bake or 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browning on the edges. Let cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a big glass of milk!
Recipe makes 36 cookies.