How about a delicious romantic breakfast of a fluffy cheddar cheese and green onion omelette, heart shaped toast and sweet strawberries for your sweetheart? Can’t wait to make this for mine xo
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup grated light old cheddar cheese
- 1-2 thinly sliced green onions (set aside a few slices to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- Optional: a piece of whole grain toast cut into a heart shape with a cookie cutter (I used a heart shaped pancake mold) and halved strawberries or other berries or fruit of your choice.
- Crack the 2 eggs into a small bowl, add the water, and whisk the eggs lightly with fork.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of margarine in a 8″ non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Once the skillet is heated add the eggs, move the pan back and forth across the heat, and using a spatula stir the egg lightly in a circular motion. This adds body to the omelette and helps to make it light and fluffy. At this point add salt and pepper if desired. As the egg cooks, pull back at different edges of the omelette around the pan lightly and tip the pan to let the uncooked egg move into the bare spots.
- When the surface is almost set, add the cheese and green onion to the top of the omelette.
- Once the surface is set and the cheese has slightly melted remove the pan from the heat.
- Bringing the skillet next to a plate, fold one side of the omelette into the centre, tipping the skillet slightly towards the plate, and then fold over once more to close the omelette (you will have folded it in thirds). Slide the omelette carefully off the skillet and onto the plate.
- Garnish with green onion, heart toast and berries.