It’s two weeks before Valentine’s Day and I am starting to get in the spirit with some sweet treats for my family. Here is a favourite oatmeal cranberry white chocolate recipe that is perfect for your Valentine.
Recipe makes 36 cookies.
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add in flour mixture in 2-3 additions, incorporating completely.
- Mix in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp size) drop scoopfuls onto each of the baking sheets (one dozen per sheet), and flatten the tops slightly with your palm (or the bottom of a glass).
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden on the edges. Remove from the oven, let cool for a couple of minutes then move to a cooling rack.