I am always looking for new healthy side dish recipes, and I found this great new product at Costco and the results were fantastic. The product is TruRoots Sprouted Rice & Quinoa Blend which contains sprouted brown and red rice, quinoa and wild rice. It is organic, whole grain and gluten free and high in fibre. I added walnuts and dried cranberries for a wonderful pilaf side dish. It was hearty and nutty and fabulous. Looking forward to trying more recipes with it!
- 1 cup Sprouted Rice and Quinoa Blend
- 1 3/4 cups of low-sodium or no-salt added chicken or vegetable stock (I think this adds better flavour than just using water but you can just use water if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher (coarse) salt if desired
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- In a medium saucepan bring stock to a boil, add rice and quinoa blend and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff rice and quinoa with a fork. Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- This amount makes enough for 4 side servings. Double or Triple the recipe as needed for a larger crowd.