Once the weather has cooled and we are not making Andrew’s BBQ Pork Chops so often, this has become one of our favourite weeknight pork recipes thanks to the Looneyspoons Collection Cookbook by Janet and Greta Podleski. It is easy, fast and delicious! We love the savory sauce and it makes more than enough for 5-6 pork chops. I prefer to buy Boneless Centre Cut Pork Loin Chops (pictured cooked above) and usually find a package of 5-6 at my grocery store.
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam (No sugar added or regular Apricot Jam – I have used both and it works fine, if added sugar is not an issue, don’t worry)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp coarse (kosher) salt + more to season pork
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper + more to season pork
- One package of 5-6 Boneless Centre Cut Pork Loin Chops (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together water, jam, balsamic, dijon, ginger, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Tenderize your pork lightly between two sheets of plastic wrap and then season both sides with some Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Remove the pork from the skillet, and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Pour sauce mixture into the same skillet. Using a whisk, cook and stir sauce for about 5 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Serve pork chops smothered with the sauce.
Serving Notes: We like this dish with mashed potatoes and salad or another green vegetable.