I couldn’t resist this much-pinned recipe . . . instant cake in a cup?? I had to give it a try and since then I have pretty much had one every night!
So easy – mix one box of angel food cake mix with one other box of any other cake mix (I chose devil’s food), then once combined take 3 tablespoons of the cake mix and place in a teacup (because I think it looks cutest that way), add 2 tablespoons of milk, and microwave for 1 minute. You can eat it right out of the cup or loosen and place on a dish (as pictured above) with some ice cream and chocolate syrup. It is not gourmet from scratch cake, but it certainly is tasty, easy and fast (very busy-mom friendly when you are in “I NEED CHOCOLATE” mode). My kids think it is the coolest thing ever and have fun making their own. I have posted photos below so you can see how it looks after cooking it before it is “dressed up” ready to eat!
Ingredients & Directions to make the instant cake mix (store in an air-tight container):
- 1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker 430g box)
- 1 box of any other cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Devil’s Food 432g box)
- In a large container with a lid mix cake mixes together with a whisk until well combined and store so you have cake mix ready anytime you want it. Mix should last as long as its best buy date so you may want to note that on the container.
Ingredients & Directions for cake in a cup:
- 3 tablespoons cake mix
- 2 tablespoons of milk (you can also use water, but I think milk tastes better)
- In a teacup (I think the shape works better), mix 3 tablespoons of your cake mix with 2 tablespoons of milk and mix well with a spoon or mini spatula.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool for 1-2 minutes (it will be steaming hot).
- Eat right out of the teacup OR loosen the sides with a knife and turn out onto a plate (pictured below) and add ice cream and chocolate syrup.