Ready for some back-to-school weeknight dinner ideas? Well here is a winner. This is a recipe I came across on Pinterest and adapted slightly after testing. It is really super easy and delicious. The combination of dijon and maple syrup make a delicious savory baked chicken dinner. This recipe is for a 1 kg package of chicken thighs which will make dinner for 4 in my family (2 adults and 2 children) plus leftovers. Kid approved by my soon to be 1st grader!
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 kg package boneless skinless chicken thighs (approx 14 thighs)
- Coarse (kosher) salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a 10 x 15 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine Dijon, maple syrup and white wine vinegar in a glass measuring cup or bowl and whisk to combine.
- Trim chicken thighs of excess fat and arrange in the baking dish.
- Season thighs with a sprinkling of coarse (kosher) salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour sauce over thighs and turn to coat.
- Bake chicken for 40 minutes, basting then turning the dish at the 20 minute mark.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.