A perfect crispy, chewy, peanut-buttery and chocolate treat that is a family favourite of ours. Try them for an end of summer bbq or after-school snack!
- 10 1/2 cups of puffed rice cereal
- 10 oz (284g) mini marshmallows – approximately 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper (so you can easily pull out the bars once cooled), and set aside.
- Place rice cereal in a large bowl (with enough room to stir once you add the melted marshmallow mixture – I use my largest stainless steel prep bowl).
- Combine marshmallows, butter, peanut butter and corn syrup in a large non-stick pan (I use my wok!) and cook over medium heat stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into cereal.
- Combine cereal with marshmallow mixture, pouring in chocolate chips as you mix.
- Spread into your 9 x 13 pan and press in firmly and evenly.
- Let the bars cool, and then cut into squares (makes 32 squares).
Note: You can also halve the recipe and make in an 8 x 8 pan which will yield approximately 16 squares.