This is the recipe for my nacho dip. A winner at every party and backyward bbq, it is always gone fast! Everyone always loves dipping in to see how many different toppings they can cram onto one tortilla chip!
- One 250g (8 oz) brick of light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup of your favourite salsa (I use a medium chunky salsa)
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco or Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 cup of shredded light sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
- 1 tomato finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Other optional toppings as you desire: finely diced bell pepper of your choice (red, green, yellow or orange), finely chopped black olives
- 1 bag of your favourite tortilla chips
- Set aside a 9″ pie plate, baking or serving dish to layer your dip in.
- Place your brick of cream cheese in a stand mixer and mix until light and cream. Add in the sour cream, salsa and hot sauce and mix until combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly onto the bottom of your serving dish.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of salsa over the cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the salsa layer.
- Add the shredded lettuce on top of the cheese.
- Top the lettuce with your tomato, green onion, and cilantro, and any other optional toppings.
Note: The dip can be prepared a few hours in advance, but is best eaten the day it is made.
Dig in and enjoy!