Ok, here is a keeper for all your summer bbq’s! This will win over anyone who hasn’t had quinoa yet.
A while ago, I had an incredible quinoa salad at a catered lunch from Rose Reisman Catering in Toronto. I fell in love with it, it was just so good with lots of tasty bits and bites in it. I searched, and searched for the recipe and finally found it on another blog. This recipe originally appeared in The Complete Light Kitchen by Rose Reisman and is posted on this blog with permission from the author – link here for this amazing recipe. If you are a quinoa lover you have to try it.
Ingredients are: Quinoa, chicken or vegetable stock (or you can just use water), canned corn, red pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, green onion, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, jalapeno or some sriracha, and light feta cheese
My preparation notes:
- I used water one time for the quinoa and chicken stock the other. Either way works fine. If you don’t have stock, don’t worry just use water.
- I opt to just combine the spinach directly in with the warm quinoa and vegetables where it will wilt.
- The recipe suggests cilantro or parsley – I prefer cilantro – I think it goes better with the flavours
- On another blog where the recipe is posted it suggests 1 tsp hot chili sauce in the place of jalapeno. Sriracha is a great choice, I combine it with the lemon juice and olive oil to make the dressing.
- I think the salad tastes best at room temperature