I am always looking for new ways to incorporate fish into dinner (I like to do fish on Fridays), and this is a delicious and fun way to enjoy salmon and veggies in the summer. My husband and I enjoyed our kabobs with a quinoa salad for a nice, light and healthy dinner.
This recipe yielded 4 kabobs.
Note: In advance prepare 4 large wooden skewers by soaking them in water for 30 minutes, or use metal skewers if you have them.
- 2 boneless skinless salmon portions, each cut into 8 equal chunks (you will have 16 salmon pieces total, 4 per kabob)
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed and then cut in half (for 16 equal pieces)
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 12 chunks (3 pieces per kabob)
- 1 red pepper, cut into 12 chunks (3 pieces per kabob)
- 1 sweet onion (spanish or vidalia), cut into 12 sections (3 pieces per kabob)
- Extra virgin olive oil, coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Large wedge of lemon for squeezing over kabobs when serving
- Have your pre-soaked skewers ready to go.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Load each skewer with 4 pieces salmon, 4 pieces of asparagus, 3 pieces of yellow pepper, 3 pieces of red pepper and 3 pieces of onion (as pictured above).
- Drizzle your skewers with olive oil, distributing the oil over the salmon and veggies using a small silicon brush.
- Season the salmon and veggies with kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill the kabobs for about 10-12 minutes, turning carefully. Cook until the salmon is cooked through, the veggies are crisp-tender, and you have some nice grill marks.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon over the kabobs before serving.