This is a newly discovered favourite! If you haven’t tried this yet, give it a go, SO yummy!
- 1 1/2 pounds of small potatoes (I used baby yukon golds, and they were delicious and looked beautiful). Note – I usually eyeball and count out how many potatoes I need for a meal – you can buy more or less depending how many you are cooking for.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil (Alcan Slide is a fave of mine), easy clean-up and saves your baking pans!
- In a large pot of salted water, bring potatoes to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender
- Drain and transfer the potatoes to the foil lined baking sheet and let cool for about 5 minutes
- With your hand or the back of a flat spatula “smoosh” the potatoes until they are lightly crushed and flattened
- Drizzle potatoes with some extra virgin olive oil* (about 1-2 tbsp) and season with kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper. *Tip: once I drizzle the olive oil I use a small silicone brush to assist spreading the oil over all the potatoes.
- Bake until golden brown (as pictured above) for about 35 minutes. Turn the potatoes once at about the 15-20 minute mark.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper.