Here’s a great recipe for BBQ season! My husband Andrew and I love pork loin chops on the grill. They are fast and easy to prepare, and they make a nice light meal with mixed greens and some mashed potatoes. Even better is Andrew cooks them for me!
- A package of boneless centre cut pork loin chops (usually come 6-8 in a package – buy as many as you need for dinner)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ((or more if needed) of your favourite bbq sauce for brushing on the pork (we use a chicken and rib sauce that is yummy).
- Pre-heat your grill up to 400 degrees.
- While your grill heats up place your pork chops on a long piece of plastic wrap. Place another piece of plastic wrap over the chops. Tenderize the pork with a meat tenderizer. Pull the top piece of plastic wrap back, flip over the chops, and tenderize on the other side. Don’t pound them too thin, just give them a light pounding on each side to tenderize the meat.
- Season your pork chops on both sides with some kosher (or coarse) salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the chops on the grill, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side maintaing heat of 300-350 degrees.
- Once you have cooked each side once, brush bbq sauce on one side, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip again, brush with sauce and cook for a final 3-4 minutes. Remove pork from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Note: These are our recommended times based on our grill, so watch your meat and cook to your desired doneness.
- Serve your chops with your favourite sides, ours varies depending on the season, however, we love greens with President’s Choice Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette (goes SO good with pork), and Honest Earth “Creamy Mash” instant creamy mashed potatoes (sold at our Costco).