My favourite banana bread recipe thanks to Martha – no nuts please, only milk chocolate chips. So good!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing baking pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chip, plus more for sprinkling on top of loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan then set aside until ready to fill.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla, then mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and then pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with some extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let loaf rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Recipe slightly adapted from: http://www.marthastewart.com/312772/banana-bread