Perfectly delicious combination of oatmeal, raisins and semi-sweet chocolate chips. One of my family’s favourites care of Martha Stewart.
Recipe below makes 24 (3″ diameter) cookies when using a medium cookie scoop. Double the recipe for 48 cookies.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp cup packed light-brown sugar
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned (large flake) oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture to batter and beat until just combined, then add oats, raisins, and chocolate chips and combine until incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp capacity) drop 12 portions of batter onto each baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies have spread and are golden brown and soft to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on sheets and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.