A simple, super-yummy muffin recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir lightly with a whisk.
- In a second bowl combine banana, egg, butter/margarine, and sour cream, and stir well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and combine well but do not over-mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among the 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes (I do the toothpick test – insert into muffin and make sure it comes out clean).
- Remove muffins from the oven and let cool, but dig in when the muffins are still warm (yummy!)