This is an adaptation of the very yummy Cambell’s Easy Chicken and Broccoli Divan which my family really likes. I wanted to turn the recipe into a full 9×13 casserole receipe so I decided to add in some penne and grape tomatoes and it turned out really well. What makes it especially delicious is the homemade breadcrumb topping!
- 1/2 lb of penne pasta, cooked as directed on the package, and drained.
- 1 large broccoli cut into florets, and cooked for 5-10 minutes (or until desired tenderness) in the microwave with a small amount of water to steam (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes and cooked in a frying pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans of Campbell’s Low Fat Cream of Broccoli soup
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces of white bread, toasted, and coarsely ground in a food processor for fresh bread crumbs.
- 1 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine penne, chicken, broccoli, and tomatoes in the baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the 2 cans of broccoli soup, milk, and 1/2 cup of the grated cheddar cheese
- Pour soup mixture over the penne, chicken, broccoli and tomato mixture.
- Top the casserole mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Combine breadcrumbs with melted butter or margarine, mix well, and then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly and topping is golden.