I recently came upon a food blog that has some great recipes – www.recipegirl.com and that is where I found this terrific recipe for Butterfinger Brownies, http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/05/16/butterfinger-brownies/
The posted recipe is for a 9 x 13 pan, which is a bit too much for a batch just for the four of us, so I halved the recipe for an 8 x 8 pan which made the perfect amount yielding 16 – 2″ x 2″ brownies.
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate (I used 2 squares of Baker’s unsweetened chocolate)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup regular smooth peanut butter (do not use natural peanut butter)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 147g Butterfinger bars*, chopped coarsely . . .*I found an 8 pack of Fun Size Butterfingers (147g) at the grocery store (Fortino’s). You would need 2 packages (294g) for a full recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray to prevent the brownies from sticking.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate in a small bowl in 15-30 second increments in the microwave stirring in between to assist the chocolate in melting evenly. Set aside so it will cool before you add to the mixture.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly pour in melted chocolate and combine until incorporated.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Lastly mix in your chopped Butterfingers, reserving a heaping 1/4 cup for topping the brownie.
- Spread evenly in your baking pan, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of chopped Butterfingers.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with a toothpick that the batter is cooked through.
- Let brownies cool completely, remove from pan, then cut into 16 equal pieces.