This is an easy and delicious way to prepare fish. I used Basa for this recipe, but I think salmon would be really delicious too (and I will likely try that soon!). The only missing ingredient in my fridge for this recipe would have been red pepper (or a mix of red and yellow) tossed in with the onions and potatoes. I added that into the ingredients list because I think it would add great colour and flavour and round out the recipe. Have fun and try your own one pan roasted fish and veggies dinner! Easy, quick, nutritious and delicious!
- 4 Basa fillets (defrosted if frozen) . . . you also may wish to try tilapia or salmon, or another firm fish appropriate for roasting
- 12 fingerling potatoes, boiled until soft when pierced with fork, drained, and then halved lengthwise
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper (or mix of yellow and red), coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper to season fish and vegetables
- One bunch of asparagus or other green veggie, cooked as desired as a side dish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and line a large baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Toss potatoes, onion and peppers with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on the baking pan. Season with a sprinkling of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and place fish on the baking pan with the veggies.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flip potatoes and veggies, and then put back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven once potatoes and veggies have browned and the fish is fully cooked.
- Serve with some nice green vegetables on the side for a healthy and delicious dinner!
Check out my other Basa Fish Recipes: