An easy, quick, delicious and hearty family meal! Thumbs up from the hubby and the kids!
- 1/2 lb penne pasta (half a box), cooked to al dente
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size slices/chunks
- 284ml can of sliced mushrooms
- Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon italian herbs spice blend
- One 650ml jar of your favourite pasta sauce (I like Classico Tomato & Basil )
- a heaping 1/4 cup of sliced sun dried tomatoes (Add more if desired, I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained)
- 1/3 cup each of grated Asiago, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese (you can add more or less if desired or your own combination of cheeses)
- Chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook penne according to package directions to al dente.
- While the penne cooks heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium high. Add chicken and cook until browned. As chicken cooks season with salt and pepper to taste and the italian seasoning. Add the can of mushrooms when chicken is close to done and saute for the few last minutes of cooking. Once chicken is fully cooked and browned, remove from heat and set aside until ready to add to the pasta
- Once pasta has cooked, drain and pour into baking dish. Add the chicken and sundried tomatoes to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Pour the jar of pasta sauce over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the top of the pasta sauce.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley if desired.